Local

Prosecutors to share ‘significant development’ in case of Tavares child allegedly tortured to death

Prosecutors to share ‘significant development’ in case of Tavares child allegedly tortured to death The state attorney’s office plans to give what it calls “a significant development” in the case of Kimberley Mills and Andre Walker. (WFTV)

TAVARES, Fla. — The state attorney’s office plans to give what it calls “a significant development” in the case of Kimberley Mills and Andre Walker.

They’re the couple accused of torturing 10-year-old Xavier Williams in Tavares.

He died in the hospital last month.

Officials have not said what the announcement will be.

Both Kimberly Mills and Andre Walker are facing second-degree murder charges. Both have pleaded not guilty.

The Fifth Judicial Circuit state attorney’s office is hosting a press conference on Thursday to provide what they call “a significant development” in the prosecution of Andre Walker and Kimberly Mills.

Both are accused of torturing 10-year-old Xavier Williams to death and have entered a not-guilty plea for all the charges they face, including second-degree murder, child neglect, and tampering with evidence.

Andre Walker was supposed to be arraigned Monday at the Lake County courthouse, but he waved his appearance.

Other family members joined Xavier’s aunt in court on Monday.

She says they are seeking full accountability for Xavier’s death.

Xavier’s aunt said the community has also provided a lot of support to the family.

Click here to download our free news, weather and smart TV apps. And click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

0
Comments on this article
0

mobile apps

Everything you love about wdbo.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!